Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Empty
PostSubject: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:17 pm

London House school of English was founded in 1965 and was relocated to another property a few years ago. The site is adjacent to Greenwich Court and is subject to a planning application.

London House was previously called Canterbury House, about which I failed to find any history on't interweb. However, there are artefacts to be found on site to suggest a sketchy history. In the early 60's there's evidence that the building was used as a convalescence home and during the Second World War it was used as an officers mess/billet for at least 151 regiment Royal Armoured Corps.

On with the pics:

Gound floor:
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4777

Flakey paint behind the kitchen
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4779

And some on the stairs
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4808

Medicated bum-wad. Place your order now!
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4785

The best lino I've ever seen!
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4787

Basement:
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4797

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4800

Upper floors:
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4811

Turret seat
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4812

Ultimate paint flake!
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4814

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4823

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4826

Bits and bobs:
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4843

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4869

Anti gas ointment
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4863

Page from a one-time-pad
London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 IMG_4871

This is in much better condition than Greenwich Court and in my opinion the original features have been better maintained.

I found quite a few letters and bits of paper hiding about the place which date from the early 40's through to the 70's which really made it for me.

Thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: london house school of english   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 am

you have been a busy MR fro havnt you..we did this a while back but was at night so didnt take a huge amount of pics..nice report tho mate theres alot of derelicts over that way:)
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

wevsky wrote:
you have been a busy MR fro havnt you..we did this a while back but was at night so didnt take a huge amount of pics..nice report tho mate theres alot of derelicts over that way:)
Not exactly epic but it kept me busy for a few hours. A couple of the others have been properly boarded up so I guess the builders will be moving in soon.
There's one more over that way that I want to do but it needs a bit of time spending on it.
Back to top Go down
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Mr Fro wrote:
wevsky wrote:
Not exactly epic but it kept me busy for a few hours. A couple of the others have been properly boarded up so I guess the builders will be moving in soon.
There's one more over that way that I want to do but it needs a bit of time spending on it.

if your on about the one down same road where its been auctioned off and theres a bungalow with big lights next to it good luck
Back to top Go down
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 am

wevsky wrote:
if your on about the one down same road where its been auctioned off and theres a bungalow with big lights next to it good luck

Nah, I've done that one already. I was thinking a few doors the other way...
Back to top Go down
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:04 am

Mr Fro wrote:
wevsky wrote:

Nah, I've done that one already. I was thinking a few doors the other way...

ah i think i remeber where u mean we parked in the main driveway but there was people moving about from building next door getting in their cars etc
Back to top Go down
Obscurity
Admin
Obscurity

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 am

nice report there dude, i visited this place ages ago now with fortknox0. It was in mint condition then. We found load of old letters and packaging laying round. Its a nice building. As for the other one...i think i know where you are on about. (deaf school) i gave it a go a while back but the building to the right of it is live and we got caught trying to get in lol. Round the back is a way in :-) or there was. Did you see the swimming pool at the back of this one?
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Obscurity wrote:
nice report there dude, i visited this place ages ago now with fortknox0. It was in mint condition then. We found load of old letters and packaging laying round. Its a nice building. As for the other one...i think i know where you are on about. (deaf school) i gave it a go a while back but the building to the right of it is live and we got caught trying to get in lol. Round the back is a way in :-) or there was. Did you see the swimming pool at the back of this one?

I really like this building, it's a shame it's going to be turned in to flats. The swimming pool is pretty knackered although there is a handy roll of lining of anyone fancies mending it. Very Happy

I don't know if the place down towards the pub is still do-able, it looked sealed tight to me - I had a poke around it back in May, my 28dl report has been binned though! I can bung them up on here if anyones interested.

The place on my wish list doesn't look too bad, it's not been touched in months - don't know about alarms though...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010   London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London House School of English - Westgate - September 2010
Page 1 of 1