Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Thanet hi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trance

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 am

Hi all, great to see this site and the pics. Not done much exploring before so great to see some locals getting to some of the haunts I remember but now sadly closed. Friend and I had a couple of abortive attempts last year so look forward to hearing more from you all and hope to get along on your outings if that's cool sometime, especially interested in the photo techniques, really cool shots from you guys. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Obscurity
Admin
Obscurity

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:43 am

hello there mate and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for joining. Its good to see yet another local whos interested in our history. Can i ask where you was trying to get into. We may be able to help Very Happy

We will have some trips coming up soon so will hopefully meet you on a trip.
Enjoy your stay cheers
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
trance

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am

Nice to hear from you ! I know that the Lido seems to have been done to death but I would really enjoy a look through, especially the old nightclub I remember going to when I was just a lad ! It looks like several of the bits there are connected and possibly with the Margate Caves ? Not too sure but would be nice to find out.

A friend and me were looking at the Ramsgate shelter complex last year and were reccying a few of the entrances but didn't really have much joy as without knowing, it's a bit difficult to find an access point that's viable. (also not having a map didnt help !)

Been over to Pegwell and in the caves at the cliff face there a couple of times, not a lot to see but good to get the feel of it. It would be good to find a couple of easier places to get the hang of it or come along on a trip sometime, hope to meeet a few of you in the not too distant,

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
Obscurity
Admin
Obscurity

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:57 am

cool well to the best of my knowledge all three places are currently open.

Look at the original tunnel entrances again and you may be suprised at the ease of the explore cheers

the lido did apparently have a tunnel connecting it to the margate caves but there is no way of getting between the two places now.

both were open last week and this may still be the case so have a look round and see if theres a way in. If you are still struggling then maybe we can arrange a trip :-)
Back to top Go down
b9y

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Obscurity wrote:
cool well to the best of my knowledge all three places are currently open.

Look at the original tunnel entrances again and you may be suprised at the ease of the explore cheers

the lido did apparently have a tunnel connecting it to the margate caves but there is no way of getting between the two places now.

both were open last week and this may still be the case so have a look round and see if theres a way in. If you are still struggling then maybe we can arrange a trip :-)

i'm down with that, only found out about the ramgate tunnels a few months ago!
Back to top Go down
trance

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Cheers   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks Obscurity, I'll take a good look round the Lido over the next couple of days to see if I can make out any entrance possibilities and post back once I've had a look round, thanks guys..
Back to top Go down
Obscurity
Admin
Obscurity

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 am

the lido has apparently now been sealed up tight but keep an eye on it coz there are still alot of people that want to get in there Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Thanet hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Thanet hi   Another Thanet hi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Thanet hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New members :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: