Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wevsky

wevsky

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011   Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:18 am

This building was up until 1998 The Holy Cross Roman Catholic school a voluntary aided school for boys and girls.
It closed its doors in 1998 and about a year later Hereson school for boys took over the premises and there very old school along with its ww2 shelter was demolished to make way for new houses(as they do).

Now the Hereson school for boys and Ellington girls school merged onto a new build site around September 2009.After getting into all this urbex lark it occurred to me that if the Hereson school from the former Holy Cross site had merged then indeed it must be sitting empty. After some excitement I mentioned this too a few of the guys who all agreed we should look into this! Luckily for us I spoke to a lad who lives over the road from me and was a Hereson pupil who on hearing of my plans stated that the old school site was still very much in use and the older pupils with exams etc not far away had stayed on at this site so defiantly not empty or derelict,and said he would give me the nod when they had finished there exams and had indeed left the school.
Now after some digging rumours it was to be converted came up and another bit of info from The neighbouring college who I was informed used some of the building at the site that it was to be demo’d and they had been given a date to clear out there equipment and such like.

Fast forward a few weeks and opportunity arose so myself and Space Invader Jumped at the chance…..
The building so the foundation stone with date on says MCMXXIX.. 1929..from what we can gather it was a TB hospital/convelesant home run by Roman catholic nuns and used during the ww2 period where it’s rumoured that there’s an underground tunnel(shelter)..but no signs of it on site or the grounds..there is also believed to be a Anglo Saxon burial ground within the grounds!

The date it became Holy cross school im not sure as research on the school/hospital from Google came up with nothing ,the info came from another source along with a name for the hospital which ive either misheard or just hasn’t any history findable from my efforts

This site is set to come down so if its something you would like a look at id be quick
As its to be borded up with 24/7 security(allegedly)

So on with some pics from the day..and a big thanks to Space Invader for sorting this one..

A snapshot from bing maps..quite a large old place

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Capture-3

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0005

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0035

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0041

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0047

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0058

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0060

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0068

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0071

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0072

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0075

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0076

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0077

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0086

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0090

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0097

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0101

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0103

Sorry about this but I couldn’t resist this shot along the tennis court net..im sure Space Invader beet me to this shot and has his own but ..well I had to do it!

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0136

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0138

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 DSC_0147

Another lovely old building being flattened and turned into a lovely housing estate…
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011   Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 am

Very nice Wevs, well done to everyone on that!
Back to top Go down
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: Re: Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011   Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 am

Mr Fro wrote:
Very nice Wevs, well done to everyone on that!

Be rude not to its 3 mins in the car from me
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011   Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hereson School/Former Holy Cross RC school kent July 2011
Page 1 of 1