Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Obscurity
Admin
Obscurity

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:19 am

I visited this place in March 2010. It had been one of many on my list but had never wanted to travel to it with not a lot else in the area. I had visited it once before but didn’t get in as the police were in the area and asked us to leave before we even got to the wall. After visiting Essex with my girlfriend I decided to crack this one on my way back. What a place, the grounds are amazing and the building is beautiful. Upon entering the building it was clear that it had become irreparable and the damage was immense, some being caused by previous visitors and some by Mother Nature. The building had a very eerie feel about it and noises could be heard throughout the explore although no-one was there. I have tried to reflect my view of the place in my photos; a very spooky and dim building.

History:

The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Lloyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future.

1. The Rear of the Building
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Rearofschool

2. The Front of the Building
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Frontofbuilding

3. Looking up what would have been a very grand staircase
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Archatsteps

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Topofstairs

5. Looking Down the Stairs
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Lookingdownstairs

6. One of the Many Corridors
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Corridoor

7. The Heart Of the Building
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Atrium

8. One of the Lovely Bay Windows
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Baywindow

9. And Another
Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Baywindow2

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
http://urbandecay.heavenforum.com
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: Bedgebury girls public school    Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 am

i just saw some bloke from facebook who added me from 28days put this up knew id seen it somewhere and sure enuff here it is Smile nice stuff my kinda place Smile
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Mr Fro

Mr Fro

PostSubject: Re: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Very nics Obs. Great location and awesome photo's - you're captured the place perfectly!
Back to top Go down
wevsky

wevsky

PostSubject: Re: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Mr Fro wrote:
Very nics Obs. Great location and awesome photo's - you're captured the place perfectly!

still standing but worse condition so im told
Back to top Go down
http://wevsky.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010   Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bedgebury girls public school (lillesden) March 2010
Page 1 of 1